Anonymous asked: #KATIFAQ Hey Kati, you talked about changing appointments before and it's better if it's a set time each week. And it's okay to change it if you need to though. But what if my therapist keeps changing it and I don't need it/it makes me worse. I can't handle changing appointments. And I've talked to her about it, she said she would try not to... but the next day she did it again... Then when I can't make the new appointment she just turns it around and is like 'you didn't turn up'...but she's....
That’s terrible!! Do you have the option (or want to) switch therapists?? Cause therapy is supposed to make us feel safe and understood.. what she is doing is neither of those. If this is an issue that really upsets you, I would tell her one more time and then start looking for another therapist:) Cause you deserve better. xox
Anonymous asked: hey kati so i think i might have ednos i starve most of the time and lately i binge more and i purge so i was wonderin can someone have an eating disorder and some days try to be kinda healthy?like eat more calories than my usual? and then go back on starving binging purging?thanks
You can definitely do that and still have an ED.. not all eds are the same, and most of them don’t fit into just one of the DSM diagnosis. Like i have talked about in past videos our EDs can morph over time and even make us think they are gone for a bit.. so know that all EDs are serious and you deserve help and support in recovery just like everyone else with an ED. xoxo
Anonymous asked: #katiFAQ hi I was wondering how can you try to stop suicidal thoughts because I have tried distraction and talking about it but it is constantly there and I can't get rid of it, I self harm nearly everyday and I am in a cycle of it now any ideas thank you!
Thank you so much for your question honey!! I will talk about it today :) xxo
Thanks for taking the time to read this letter. As fellow YouTubers, we have much respect for others who put so much hard work into building their channel. It’s not easy, and you should be proud! That said, we’ve noticed that in your success, there has been a lack of respect in…
Sometimes verbal abuse is so bad that you actually start believing what someone says to you. You begin to think you’re stupid, ugly or fat. You agree that nobody else would ever want to be in a relationship with you. Constantly being criticized and told you aren’t good enough causes you to lose confidence and lowers your self esteem. As a result, you may start to blame yourself for your partner’s abusive behavior.
Remember — emotional abuse is never your fault. In fact, your partner may just be trying to control or manipulate you into staying in the relationship.
Does your partner continuously degrade or belittle you? If you think that just because you aren’t being physically abused nothing is wrong, think again.
Emotional abuse can have devastating consequences on both physical and mental health. While emotional or psychological abuse may be difficult to pinpoint, examples abound.
Here are some characteristics:
• Using economic power to control you
• Threatening to leave
• Making you afraid by using looks, gestures or actions
• Smashing things
• Controlling you through minimizing, denying and blaming
• Making light of the abuse and not taking your concerns about it seriously
• Continually criticizing you, calling you names, shouting at you
• Emotionally degrading you in private, but acting charming in public
• Humiliating you in private or public
• Withholding approval, appreciation or affection as punishment
How do I deal with nasty and judgmental people? Facebook Friday! #KatiFAQ
1. #katifaq Hi! I work in a clinic/hospital setting surrounded by docs & medical staff. My ED is really starting to get the best of me to the point where a hospitalization might be necessary. Do you think it’d be ok to tell my manager about what’s going on? We have a good relationship & she’s been a family friend even before she became my boss. I know ultimately it’s up to me, just need some input! thank u!
2. #Katifaq Hey here my question. My therapist keeps moving up my session. I email her because i am having a panic attack then she moves it have only had a few sessions but emailing her helps me. she told me i could and she wants me to.. is it bad to have sessions moved?
3. Hey Kati, I wasn’t comfortable tweeting you my question so I hope DMs are okay!! Why am I so attached to my female teachers? I am in 11th grade and ever since 9th grade, I’ve found myself becoming very close to one teacher each year. I will often go to them for advice, and yearn for attention. This has been driving me crazy for months because I just feel like I’m bothering them although they are nothing but nice to me! Thanks, love your videos!! :)
@KatiMorton #KatiFAQ Journal topic? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu1D3K7k3Dw … Thank your body parts for what they do for you & think of that when you want to criticise your appearance - your body’s functional, not an ornament. - I’m finding this really helpful :)
MY FREE WORKBOOKS:
Eating Disorder Workbook
My video schedule…
MONDAY - New video release http://goo.gl/OUEsgM
TUESDAY - Tumblr Tuesday Vlog #KatiFAQ - https://goo.gl/79fMfa
WEDNESDAY - Website & YouTube Vlog #KatiFAQ - https://goo.gl/CIp9b9
THURSDAY - Twitter Thursday Vlog #KatiFAQ - https://goo.gl/kL7ZjX
FRIDAY - Facebook Friday Vlog #KatiFAQ - https://goo.gl/kjYLeR
My PO Box:
1223 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90403
My Website: https://www.katimorton.com
Kati Morton is a therapist who specializes in treating eating disorders. She has dedicated much of her time to supporting others and making youtube videos which have been beneficial and informative to many. Her goal is to spread information and helpful tips about mental health and it would be hugely helpful in spreading her info and support by placing this badge on your blog that has a direct link to her youtube account. Reblogging this post would also be appreciated to spread awareness.
Code HERE- place this code beneath the <body> tag in your html. You can change the size, location and opacity of the badge as well.
Additionally, Kati Morton’s website is HERE, her twitter is HERE and her tumblr is HERE.
#MentalHealth should be taught & talked about in elementary school. This would do WONDERS for removing the #stigma from society.
TUMBLR TUESDAY #katiFAQ
1. Hey kati! It’s my first question for #katiFAQ! Why is it bad to use exercise to “purge” ?
2. #katifaq What do you do when your friends are also struggling and they are your main support system? You don’t want to trigger them or further overwhelm them by talking about what you are going through but you don’t want to push them away either by being secretive and closed off. It’s a hard time having a regular discussion sometimes when you are all feeling low. How do you deal with that?
3. #Katifaq, HELP! Kati what do I do when I’ve told my family about my ED and asked to consider professional help, and my family feels hurt and offended that all there help, still isn’t enough? I dont want them to feel like that, but I know I need HELP!
How to journal? What if I don’t like it? What if I can’t get started?
Anonymous asked: #Katifaq, HELP! Kati what do I do when I've told my family about my ED and asked to consider professional help, and my family feels hurt and offended that all there help, still isn't enough? I dont want them to feel like that, but I know I need HELP!
Great question honey! I will talk about this in my video today :) xoxo I hope it helps xoxo
Anonymous asked: Hey kati! It's my first question for #katiFAQ! Why is it bad to use exercise to "purge" ? Xxxx
Hi honey!! Thank you so much for your question! I will talk about it in my video today!! xoxo
Today I talk about dysthymia or what is now called persistent depressive disorder. What differentiates this from MDD is that this is a low grade depression that persists for 2 years or more! That is why it is so important that we begin talking about it, so that people don’t have to suffer in silence for so long! This can present itself as lack of motivation, irritability, anhedonia, insomnia, hypersomnia etc.