Here is today’s Q&A video!! Has some great info! I hope you like it :) xox
Posts tagged suicide.
Tumblr Tuesday! #KatiFAQ How Seriously Do My Thoughts Of Suicide Have To Be? (by Kati Morton)
1. I have just gone back to school after my GCSE’s and I did really well on them. I am now starting my A-levels, but I can’t cope any longer without getting help. I worry that they won’t take me seriously because I have bee doing so well and don’t appear to have any symptoms. How can I get them to take me seriously?
2. Is it normal to all of a sudden break down and cry?? I sometimes just feel really sad all of a sudden. Is this part of anxiety or depression?
3. How do I keep from feeling embarrassed or silly for getting help when my ed/sh isn’t as bad as it was before? My therapist wants me to see a dietitian and do some extra things, but everything has calmed down since school.
4. If you want to readmit yourself to inpatient treatment but your parents won’t let you. What can you do about it? Can my parents prevent me from getting treatment?
5. Can a therapist sometimes see through their client’s lies? I sometimes get scared and don’t share the whole truth with mine, and I feel like I just need someone to call me on my BS.
6. How seriously does taking your own life have to be before you seek out help for it? Like the quick thought of giving up doesn’t count right?
Each day this week lets write down 3 things that we are grateful for. These can be small things or big things. It could be a word, a sentence or a phrase..and on Sunday please do something artistic with that list and post it somewhere you will see it every day!
Please share this video link: "Suicide Safety Plan"
PLEASE HELP OTHERS AND REBLOG
Another week, another video. Except this week it isn’t just “another video”. It’s probably one of my most important to date.
I can’t tell you how many times since I have started working as a therapist that I hear about suicidal thoughts, attempts etc. I don’t say this to make light of the situation. I do say it so that you understand that it happens. It is my belief that we can prevent this from happening, and you have all the tools to help yourself at home right now!
I want you to find a journal that you haven’t used yet, and hop online. We are going to look up some motivational quotes and write them down in your journal. You only need to find a couple of them that really touch you. Then turn the page. I want you to them write down your reasons for recovery. I know you don’t think you have any, but you do! Think about things that you want to be around for, or dreams that you have had before your ED told you you couldn’t.
The last thing I want you to do is reach out to one person!! Anyone! They could be on twitter, tumblr, youtube, a friend, a facebook friend, or even a suicide hotline. I don’t care who, just as long as you reach out for help. Cause we all know that when we are struggling we have been isolating, canceling plans, staying in bed all day, and not seeing anyone. So reach out! You are worth recovery! You can do this! I know it is hard but I am here to help and we can all work together and fight through this! I want you to listen to this video closely, replay it if you are having a hard time. There is a better way and a brighter future for you, and we can get there together!