1. @KatiMorton #katifaq Is it possible to break the habit of black and white thinking, or is my thought process stuck like this for good?
2. #KatiFAQ Im forcing my mom into treatment today when she comes home. Any advice? Her 17 yr old daughter is telling her this.
3. @KatiMorton can I go to school w a mental illness? Please read #katifaq
Something I have been doing to help boost or lift my mood. When I see people on the street or in the office etc. I always force myself to give them a compliment in my mind. I know it sounds silly but it forces my brain into a positive instead of negative mood.
Shout out to Jess May who is in the hospital right now and just having an overall hard time.
1. Hi Kati, thanks for all you do for everyone. I’m sure you have 100s of asks so not sure if you’ll see this one. I was diagnosed 2years ago with BPD& dysthymic disorders & have been in therapy for over 5 years (I’m now 20) Are there patients with BPD that struggle with it forever? I feel like I’ve done everything, DBT, 5 inpatients, meds, therapy, but still feel like I’m always going to have this distorted thought process. I do have an AMAZING therapist of 4 years but I’m afraid I’ll get ‘dumped’
2. #katifaq hey kati, love your videos! Anyway I’m just really curious about something. I know that what your clients tell you is confidential, but can you, as a therapist, tell your own personal therapist something that one of your clients tells you? Not sure if that makes sense. But if a client tells you something that upset you, could you talk to your therapist about it? Or would that be breaking confidentiality?
3. #katiFAQ Hi Kati, my question is … If you have been diagnosed with bipolar what would the best kind of therapy would be? My therapist specialises in DBT but from my understanding that is most useful for treating BPD, is that correct? What sort of therapy/therapist should I be searching for? Thanks heaps!! Love your channel! xo
4. Oh goodness I forgot to hashtag my question ! #katifaq I’ll ask again , so the clinical psychologist I have to see weekly said I shouldn’t try an control my anxiety , I shouldn’t control my breathing , I shouldn’t clench my fist and I shouldn’t try an distract my self from the anxious thoughts , I just don’t understand ? What’s ur opinion ?
5. #katiFAQ why do ed’s often change? Eg. Anorexic to bulimic? Love your channel it’s fantastic
6. Hi Kati. I’ve been dealing with an ED for about 14 years and SH for about 8, but I don’t feel like I want to “recover”. Any tips?
Hey everyone! Surprise video on a Saturday!! I made this video because I really need your help! In order to be considered for the Steamy Awards this year I need to have fan submissions :) So if you could copy and paste the link above into your browser and nominate me that would be wonderful!! Also, if you could share this video that could help too :) Have a wonderful weekend!! xox
1. katiFAQ is there such thing as turning off your eating disorder for your family, so while your living at home you don’t carry out any ED behaviours? Or does that mean you never had an ED to begin with?? Thanks! xx
2. katifaq Hey Kati! Do therapist ever feel guilty? My therapist tells me to text her whenever Im upset and feel like cutting. So I do. I text her and most of the time she will respond to me quickly and talk me through things. But what about when she doesn’t reply and I go through with my urges to cut? I don’t want her to feel guilty. Do therapist ever feel guilty about stuff like this, or am I just over thinking everything? Have you ever had this happen to you?
3. Hi! This has always been lingering in my mind. Four years ago, I experienced tactile hallucinations that were pretty terrifying. I honestly believed and felt that bugs were living in and crawling around in my skin. I was never treated for it at all – it only lasted for about 2 weeks before I was able to snap out of it, and I’ve never hallucinated since. To this day, I’ve never been diagnosed with anything, but I’ve never forgotten about those 2 weeks either. I guess I’m a bit delusional but nothing that really hinders my life, I think.
My question is: does this make me more prone to hallucinating in the future? Is it possible that what happened back then did have significance after all? I’m just wondering because I never did anything to cause it, I was living a fairly healthy lifestyle at the time.
"Everyone wants love, no one wants pain, but you can’t get a rainbow without a little rain."
1. #KatiFAQ hi kati I’m 18 years old . I was raped for 7 years by my neighbor since age 11 , last session I told my therapist all about it but every time I think about it I regret tilling her then I start cutting ! How can I stop feeling regret and start feeling like she is going to help.
2. #KatiFAQ Hi kati, I am experiencing what I believe to be OCD (will be seeing someone to confirm, however from asking other OCD sufferers and doing research I am very certain it is) and I am worried I may be developing self harm tendencies. This only really started a few days ago but I have started punching walls deliberately with the intent of causing harm to myself. I think this counts as Self harm even though I am not cutting but I am not doing it majorly but I am worried it may be starting a pattern of Self harm, how do I get out of it before it may possibly begin?
3. #katifaq hey Kati, I was wondering why we self sabotage and how to stop! Every time I’m doing well in my ED and SH recovery it’s like a flip switches and I spend days or even weeks undoing all my hard work and starting over is more and more devastating each time. I think it’s partly because I’m scared life won’t be better or I still won’t be happy once I’m recovered so it’s safer to stay sick… But this isn’t what I want! How do I get over it? Please please help! Thanks for everything you do!
Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind. —David G. Allen
1. I’ve recently started seeing a new therapist and finished the 1st session today. It was meant to be 90 mins but was 20-she didn’t really ask anything personal and told me to write a summary on the types of therapy I have had. I feel -like she doesn’t really have time for me… Should I stick out the next couple of sessions and see? Is there a limit?
2. #KatiFAQ Why do therapists not take insurance? Especially so when our new healthcare system made it more expensive to see out of network providers? Why would our system by so flawed?
3. #KatiFAQ My therapist says I have replaced my physical SH with emotional SH. I was wondering how a person unconsciously emotionally SH themselves without knowing it. I understand the concept, but I don’t understand how we do it without even noticing it.
Why is it so hard to just remain still? Don’t think about anything, do anything, move anything. It is in these quiet moments that we are really able to feel what it is we are going through. Don’t run away from that. Allow yourself to feel it and then let it go.